Summertime is the best time for parties. Kids parties, adult parties, graduations, and annual barbecues; whatever you're planning, do it with ease. Our guide will help you stay on track and stress-free when planning this summer's shindig.
1-2 Months Before
- Set a time and date. Avoid holidays and try to stick with weekends.
- Choose a venue that is convenient and easy to locate. Make sure it is large or small enough for the crowd you anticipate.
- Make a guest list and use social media or group texts to get everyone’s address.
- Set a budget. Summer parties are cost effective because you don't have to book an overpriced venue. Outdoor parties make sense. Consider a local park, the beach, or your backyard.
- Decide on a theme. Kid parties and themes are pretty simple. Go with your child’s favorite character, carnival themes, etc. For an adult party, a theme may not be necessary, go with your favorite color scheme.
- After you decide your theme and color scheme design your invitations and order them.
Three Weeks Before
- Use the addresses you acquired and send your invitations. Announce it! offers digital options along with flat cards so you can email or post your announcements via social media.
- Make a list of menu items. Remember to include vegan or vegetarian options. Decide on table themes. Will there be a candy table, fruit bar, or cupcake stands?
- Young or old, everyone likes to go home with a party bag or favor. Take the time to make a list of things you would like to include in your bag.
- Use a welcome sign for easy locating. Food wrappers and bottle labels are great ideas for decorations.
- Order your bouncy houses, water slides, swings, and entertainers now.
Two Weeks Before
- Purchase items for your bags. For kids and adults, consider sweets and chocolates. Fill the remainder of kid's bags with small toys. Adults might prefer Kleenex, hand sanitizer, note pads, and personalized pens.
- Order your cake and confirm the date and time for pick-up and delivery. Allow a little more time for unique and extravagant cakes.
- Confirm entertainers and activities.
- Buy game prizes for winners. If your budget allows, choose prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
One Week Before
- Check with those who haven’t RSVP’d
- Confirm venue with headcount.
- Put together party bags and labels. Keep in a cool place.
1-2 Days Before
- Hang outfits in a safe place.
- Make sure you have candles and lighters.
- Wrap presents
It’s Party Time!
- Set your table and decorations.
- Prep food and keep stored until you’re ready to party.
- Charge your phone and cameras.
Announce It! will handle all your personalized needs and make sure they are delivered promptly. Your final step is to have fun and enjoy your guests!