Old wives tales, we've all heard them about pregnancy and what you should do if you want a boy or a girl. These urban legends also apply to gender reveal. Below we have outlined some of the most popular pregnancy myths outlined in this info-graphic.
- If you want a boy, eat more red meat. The rarer the meat, the better.
- If you crave sweets during your pregnancy, it's a girl. If you crave savory foods, it's a boy.
- If you carry low, it's a baby boy. If you carry high, it's a baby girl.
- If your baby's heartbeat is greater than 140 it's a girl.
- Cold feet indicate you are pregnant with a boy.
- If you face gets fuller during pregnancy you are carrying a girl.
- If your face is long and narrow during pregnancy, you're carrying a boy.
- Baby girls cause their mothers to get acne.
- If you don't have morning sickness, it's a boy.
- If you have morning sickness, it's a girl.
Whether you believe these pregnancy gender myths or not, it's still a fun way to get through the next 9 months.
Many pregnant women are often uncertain about the sex of their unborn child. This uncertainty can lead to a lot of different myths and superstitions. According to a recent study, most pregnant women believe that they can determine the gender of their baby by the way they are carrying, or by what food they eat.
The infographic will provide an overview of some of the most common pregnancy gender myths and will try to debunk them one by one.
Enjoy your pregnancy!