Are you struggling to finalize the guest list for your baby shower? We are going to help you put an end to that struggle as we discuss how to make your guest list.
Steps for Creating the Guest List
- Choose the type of shower you will be having. Girls only, or co-ed?
- Write down the names of all the people you want to invite.
- If your workplace is going to throw a baby shower for you, scratch the names of your coworkers off the list for this shower.
- Ask your mother and mother-in-law to let you know who they want to invite.
- Write down each guest’s first name, last name, phone number, address, and email address.
- Give the finalized guest list to the person who is hosting the baby shower.
- The baby shower hostess will send out the invitations and keep track of RSVPs.
- Get the guest list back from the hostess when she no longer needs it so that you can find the information you’ll need to send thank you cards.
- Download these free thank you cards that match these DIY baby shower invitations.
Choosing Who to Invite
Although baby showers are traditionally a women-only event, it is now acceptable to have a co-ed baby shower. With that in mind, the following lists will help you remember all friends and family members you should invite.
Family Members to Invite
Obviously, your mom and sister will be invited, but what about the other members of your family?
- Mother-In-Law - Even if you don’t have the best relationship with your mother-in-law, there is no excuse for not inviting her. She is your future child’s grandmother after all!
- Father-In-Law - This would only be necessary if you will be having a co-ed shower.
- Cousins - If not inviting them would cause tension in the family you must include them on the guest list.
- Your Firstborn Child - Bringing a new baby home can be difficult for some kids. Including your firstborn in the shower might help your child warm up to the idea of having a new baby in the family.
Friends to Invite
- Neighbors - Even if you aren’t super close, inviting your neighbors would be the considerate thing to do if they have ever invited you to their own parties or had you over for dinner.
- Coworkers - Unless your workplace is throwing a baby shower, invite the coworkers you get along with.
- Friends - Which of your girlfriends would you want to be at your shower? Try to avoid hurting any feelings!
- Guy Friends - Invite your best guy friends to join the celebration if it will be a co-ed event.
When the guest list is done you need invitations. Choose from a selection of baby shower invitation templates to get exactly what you need.
After you’ve completed the guest list, the invitations have gone out, and everyone has returned an RVSP, you can look forward to having a special celebration surrounded by those you love. Is there any better way to celebrate the arrival of a brand new baby?